By renting a booth at the EGU General Assembly 2022, the exhibitor accepts the following terms & conditions.
Booking and booth allocation
- The booking of exhibition booths is through the official booking form only. Hereby, the exhibitor selects their booth size but cannot select a specific booth location.
- The invoice for exhibition space rental must be paid within 14 days after receipt of the invoice. Otherwise, the rental will be cancelled.
- The EGU reserves the right to reject exhibitors. In such a case, a respective rejection notification will be sent in a timely manner.
- The exhibitor agrees that the final booth allocation is at the discretion of the organizers. The final booth allocation will be made after the booking deadline of 31 March 2022.
- Cancellations can only be refunded in the case of written notification prior to 14 March 2022. A cancellation fee of €100 will be deducted. No refunds will be made after this date.
Liability and insurance
- Proof of insurance must be provided upon request. Exhibitors are requested to have a rider on their current insurance policy to cover loss of, theft of, or damage to their exhibit or other personal property while it is located at or is in transit to or from the Austria Center Vienna.
- The exhibitor shall indemnify the Austria Center Vienna, SYMA, Copernicus GmbH, and the EGU against, rendering them and their representatives innocent, complaints, suits, or liabilities resulting from negligence of the exhibitor in connection with the exhibit's use of display space.
- The Austria Center Vienna, SYMA, Copernicus GmbH, and the EGU are not liable for loss, damage, or theft, through any cause, of goods, hand-carried items, exhibits, or other materials owned, rented, or leased by the exhibitor.
- Personal effects, promotional material, and other small, easily removable valuable items should not be left unattended at any time.
- In no event are the Austria Center Vienna, SYMA, Copernicus GmbH, and the EGU liable for incidental, consequential, special, indirect or punitive damages for any harm arising from or related to the use of exhibit space under the contract agreement.
- The provision obligation of Copernicus GmbH towards the exhibitor for services and goods provided by Copernicus GmbH or through partner companies is limited to the Standard Exhibitor Service as described in the general information for exhibitors. Copernicus GmbH is not responsible or liable for any other services or goods, including but not limited to technical equipment, additional furniture, or catering, ordered by the exhibitor directly from a partner company of Copernicus GmbH or any other service provider. The provision obligation of Copernicus GmbH for the Standard Exhibitor Service is fulfilled through the provision on the set-up day. Any subsequent use of the exhibit space and the Standard Exhibitor Service through the exhibitor is the liability of the exhibitor.
Booth setup and dismantling
- The exhibitor agrees that the material to be exhibited will not be delivered to the conference venue later than Wednesday, 18 May 2022 (the deadline for air freight to arrive at Vienna Airport is Monday, 16 May 2022). Any individual fascia board designs must be provided by 14 April 2022 at the very latest.
- No nails, screws, or other fixtures may be drilled into any part of the premises, including the floors. Nor may any part of the premises be damaged or disfigured in any way. Should any damage occur, the exhibitor will be invoiced for repair charges incurred.
- Exhibits in the rented booth space must be set up so as to not disturb neighbouring booths acoustically or visually and to avoid the creation of any obstruction within the booths or aisles. This also applies to presentations and demonstrations by the exhibitor and the gathering of participants at the booth.
- The exhibitor will not dismantle the display before Friday, 27 May 2022, 13:00. The EGU reserves the right to impose a penalty fee on those exhibitors who dismantle their booth before Friday, 13:00, and to exclude those exhibitors from possible booth rentals at future EGU General Assemblies.
- All free exhibitor staff registrations included in the booth rental must be finally entered in the exhibitor management tool by 14 April 2022, 13:00 CEST. After this date, it is neither possible to change staff members nor add staff members for the free registrations. This is in line with the deadline of the overall on-site registration deadline for conference attendees.
- Additional staff member registrations cannot be processed through the exhibitor management tool. If you have more staff members attending, the respective staff members must register individually with their own Copernicus Office user ID at the regular registration rates by 14 April 2022, 13:00 CEST.
Hygiene concept and changes to the format
- All exhibitors and their staff are obliged to fulfil the Austrian requirements for the large event participation including, but not limited to, evidence of a low epidemiological risk (e.g. vaccination status of EMA-approved vaccine), FFP-2 or medical masks, distance measure, usage of disinfectants, etc. These regulations might be adjusted from now until the EGU22 starts.
- In order to avoid the spread of COVID-19 and to guarantee a safe conference for all participants, all exhibitors and their staff must agree to strictly follow the hygiene concept of the EGU22 and the rules stated at the time as issued by the Austrian authorities, the congress centre ACV, EGU, and Copernicus Meetings. These regulations and the hygiene concept might be adjusted several times, including adjustments on short notice just before the conference starts. Under this aspect, an on-site participation is at the risk of the exhibitors and their staff members. Neither Copernicus Meetings nor the EGU, ACV, or any company providing services for the on-site conference can be made liable for any possible infections, resulting damages to the exhibitor staff member's health, or any subsequent suffering an exhibitor staff member might get.
- The contact details of the exhibitor and their staff members will be recorded for possible contact tracing and must be passed on by Copernicus Meetings to the Viennese authorities in the event of an emergency.
- Possible adjustments to the Austrian requirements for the large event participation and/or the EGU22 hygiene concept might lead to a situation where either an exhibitor is forced to cancel their on-site participation or Copernicus Meetings as event organizer is forced to cancel it. For such late cancellations due to Austrian travel and/or event regulations, Copernicus Meetings will reimburse the exhibitor's gross rental fee without an additional cancellation fee. Copernicus Meetings and EGU would not be liable for any subsequent claims for any other reimbursements (e.g. travel or accommodation costs of exhibitor staff members).
- Due to the unpredictable circumstances, EGU and Copernicus Meetings may decide to cancel the on-site part of EGU22 rather lately and turn the conference into a virtual one. In such case, exhibitors will get reimbursement for the paid booth rental fee. Even in this case, Copernicus Meetings and EGU would not be liable for any subsequent claims for any other reimbursements (e.g. travel or accommodation costs of exhibitor staff members).